|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:27 AM EST||
COVINGTON, Ga., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Wireless is now offering subsidized mobile phone service to eligible low-income residents in Arizona.
Life Wireless provides phone service through the federal Lifeline program, which was created by Congress in 1985 to ensure that all Americans have access to quality telephone service and the security and opportunities that it affords. Eligible subscribers in Arizona must take part in a federal assistance program such as Medicaid or Food Stamps or earn less than 150 percent of the federal poverty level. Customers may not receive service from more than one Lifeline carrier at the same time.
Life Wireless customers receive a basic mobile handset with voicemail, text messaging, call waiting, and other features. Smart phones are not available. Calling plans offer up to 250 minutes a month.
"We're excited about this new venture into Arizona," said Jim Carpenter, a senior vice president with Life Wireless. "We want to fulfill the mission of the Lifeline phone program by having our sales representatives go out into the community to reach those most in need of telephone service."
Life Wireless recently had its compliance plan approved by the Federal Communications Commission. The compliance plan details the industry-leading steps Life Wireless takes to preserve the integrity of the federal Lifeline program and deliver affordable telephone service to eligible low-income families and individuals. Life Wireless performs multiple checks on each potential customer to verify that they qualify for phone service through the Lifeline program. All Life Wireless sales representatives receive extensive training and oversight to ensure that company policies are upheld.
"A cellphone is no longer a luxury item, it's a necessity," said Carpenter. "A cellphone helps people to stay in touch with their doctors, loved ones, and potential employers, and enables them to contact 911 during an emergency."
Those interested in obtaining Lifeline service, or becoming a Life Wireless sales representative, may complete an application at the company's web site, www.lifewireless.com.
About Life Wireless
LIFE WIRELESS™ is a government assisted wireless service provided by LIFE WIRELESS HOLDINGS, LLC and is powered by the TELRITE CORPORATION. LIFE WIRELESS™ offers a Lifeline discount to low-income families and individuals for wireless services. To obtain LIFE WIRELESS™ service potential subscribers must meet certain eligibility requirements such as receiving governmental assistance or a household income that is near the federal poverty level. The specifics of what determines a potential subscriber's eligibility are specific to each state. For more information about Life Wireless, please visit the company's Web site, www.lifewireless.com.
Life Wireless is available in Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia.
SOURCE Life Wireless
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1