|By Business Wire||
|February 15, 2013 04:42 PM EST||
TAG Mobile, LLC (TAG Mobile), a leading wireless communication service provider, now offers its TAG Mobile Lifeline service in six new states. The new states where the company is now offering the service include Kansas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin.
TAG Mobile is an independent company that participates in the federal Lifeline program. The Lifeline program was created by the Federal Communications Commission in 1985 to provide a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers. The purpose is to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings. To participate in the program, consumers must have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal assistance program.
The TAG Mobile Lifeline Service provides a cell phone stocked with a pre-set allotment of monthly minutes of use. It is intended to provide access to local emergency services and community resources, to enable vital communications with business and social services. These phones come with text-messaging enabled, caller ID and voicemail. TAG Mobile allows customers to purchase value-based prepaid plans if they use all of their free monthly Lifeline minutes.
“TAG Mobile provides free mobile phones through a grassroots marketing approach across multiple states which help ensure that qualified Lifeline participants have a means of communication. With the economy being the way it is, and unemployment at an all-time high, many families are forced to go without some basic necessities. A cell phone stocked with minutes allows them to get in touch with bosses or potential employers, stay in touch with family and access important services like 911 emergency services and 211 community resources,” says Frank Del Col, CEO of TAG Mobile.
The company works extensively in underserved neighborhoods through designated local retail establishments. Here customers can apply for Lifeline service, purchase wireless prepaid service plans and get help with their TAG Mobile service.
To help make the Lifeline application process easy for its customers, TAG Mobile enables customers to apply in person during face-to-face information sessions and community events, or online via their website at www.tagmobile.com. Their online system allows applicants to submit the documentation necessary to verify eligibility for the Lifeline program online, or applicants can print the application form and submit it directly to the company by fax, regular mail, e-mail or by taking it to a participating dealer or agent location.1
Most applicants will qualify for the program if they participate in any of the following government benefit programs: SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), the National School Free Lunch Program, Section 8 Federal Public Housing, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Supplemental Security Income, or if the family’s income level is at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
To learn more about TAG Mobile, the TAG Mobile Lifeline service, wireless prepaid services or the company’s dealer program, visit TAG Mobile online at www.tagmobile.com.
About TAG Mobile:
TAG Mobile is a leading wireless communication service provider. TAG Mobile participates in the Lifeline program, which is a government benefit program implemented in 1985 to provide access to telecommunications services for low-income households across America. The TAG Mobile Lifeline service includes a free wireless phone and a pre-set amount of monthly minutes. These free phones come with text messaging enabled, caller ID and voicemail. TAG Mobile allows customers to purchase value-based prepaid plans if they use all of their free monthly Lifeline minutes. TAG Mobile prides itself as a pioneer in the wireless communications service sector by employing a unique sales and marketing strategy that can reach-out to neighborhoods and communities across America. TAG Mobile is currently offering Lifeline service in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin. TAG Mobile is a portfolio company of Amvensys Capital Group, LLC www.amvensys.com.
1 Lifeline service is limited to one discount per household. Lifeline is a government assistance program and is non-transferable. Consumers must meet the state-mandated income eligibility requirements or participate in a qualifying state or federal assistance program. Proof of eligibility, such as an eligible program card or statement of benefits, is required and only eligible consumers may enroll. Consumers who willfully make a false statement in order to obtain a Lifeline benefit can be punished by fines or imprisonment or can be barred from the program.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1