|By PR Newswire||
|February 19, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW and NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, and Mindspeed, (NASDAQ:MSPD), the leader in system on chip (SoC) solutions for small cells, today announced an extension to their strategic relationship with a Mindspeed license for the CEVA-XC4000 DSP for use in their next-generation LTE-Advanced multi-mode small cell Transcede® SoCs. Mindspeed licensed and deployed the CEVA-X and CEVA-XC DSPs in their previous generation LTE SoCs, which are now in mass deployment with multiple operators.
Mindspeed's first products based on the CEVA-XC4000 are the Transcede T3400 and T4400. These SoCs leverages the 1GHz DSP processing speed and advanced multi-core capabilities of the CEVA-XC4000 to address smart enterprise small cells and metrocells with dual-mode capability, allowing both 3G (either HSPA/HSPA+ or TD-SCDMA) and simultaneous LTE/LTE-Advanced (either LTE FDD or TD-LTE). The CEVA-XC4000 provides the Transcede product line with a powerful software-defined platform, enabling a clear roadmap from 3GPP Release 10 (LTE-A) to Release 12 (LTE-B).
"CEVA and Mindspeed have enjoyed a strong and successful relationship for small cell SoCs, culminating in the first commercial rollout of our LTE products in 2012," said Raouf Y. Halim, Mindspeed's chief executive officer. "By deploying the CEVA-XC4000 DSP in our next-generation multi-mode designs targeting LTE-Advanced networks, we were able to significantly improve the performance and flexibility of the SoC, providing mobile operators with an outstanding solution for cost-effective, high-performance small cells."
"Mindspeed has been at the forefront of small cell innovation with their Transcede product line since its inception, and their latest SoC targeting LTE-Advanced microcells and metrocells continues their strong momentum," said Gideon Wertheizer, CEO of CEVA. "The T3400 and T4400 leverage our CEVA-XC4000 DSP to enable a software-based architecture for small cells, offering carriers a seamless transition to implement next generation multi-mode HSPA/LTE/LTE-A networks."
The CEVA-XC4000 utilizes an innovative instruction set to enable highly complex, software-based baseband processing, addressing advanced communication standards such as LTE-Advanced and Wi-Fi 802.11ac 4x4. The architecture integrates a range of features specifically designed to address base station application requirements offering strong support for high-dimension MIMO and high-precision support, and advanced support for DSP offloading to dedicated pre-optimized tightly coupled co-processor units. The architecture also includes specialized multi-core features such as advanced data traffic management, fast system interconnect support for easy integration of DSP clusters and native connectivity with ARM® processors, and is complemented by a complete set of baseband libraries and an advanced C-compiler, enabling full processor utilization from C level, simplifying software development.
For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com/CEVA-XC4000.html.
About Mindspeed Technologies
Mindspeed Technologies (NASDAQ: MSPD) is a leading provider of network infrastructure semiconductor solutions to the communications industry. The company's low-power system-on-chip (SoC) products are helping to drive video, voice and data applications in worldwide fiber-optic networks and enable advanced processing for 3G and long-term evolution (LTE) mobile networks. The company's high-performance analog products are used in a variety of optical, enterprise, industrial and video transport systems. Mindspeed's products are sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the globe.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (computer vision, image enhancements and HD audio), voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2012, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 1 billion devices and powers handsets from every top handset OEM, including Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Motorola, Sony, Huawei and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.
SOURCE CEVA, Inc.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1