|By Business Wire||
|February 20, 2013 08:35 AM EST||
MetaWatch, Ltd. today announced it has partnered with leading mobile phone industrial designer, Frank Nuovo and his company Design Studio Nuovo, Inc. (DSN). Together the companies will collaborate on future evolution and expansion of the MetaWatchTM brand, identity and product line, which includes stylish and highly-functional watches and mobile accessories.
“This collaboration is about building beautifully designed, functional and wearable objects of desire . . . objects that simplify our increasingly digital lifestyle experience,” said Bill Geiser, CEO of MetaWatch. “This exciting endeavor, working with Nuovo and his team, brings great value to the future of MetaWatch, including unrivaled creativity and decades of award-winning, world-class experience. The MetaWatch team’s capability is greatly enhanced by DSN’s design knowledge and tremendous success record that spans across all market tiers.”
“We are very excited about the market opportunities associated with wearable computing as well as the level of maturity MetaWatch brings to this emerging space,” stated DSN’s Founder and Creative Director, Frank Nuovo. “The combination of MetaWatch and DSN will draw from their practical knowledge of mobile communications, fashion influences and insight of the new digital marketplace. Together we will launch a series of new creations for this emerging experience, marrying the passion and artisanal aspects of the traditional watch market with the benefits of state-of-the-art, wireless, multipart functionality. Our mass market to luxury and first-hand experiences will bring the highest level of understanding to what is arguably the next big opportunity in the world of mobile lifestyle products.”
About MetaWatch, Ltd.
MetaWatch is a privately-held company focusing on reinventing the watch as a stylish and relevant mobile accessory. MetaWatch development systems allow developers to quickly and easily extend the interfaces of devices and applications to the wrist. Target markets and applications include: quantified self & mobile health; messaging, alerts, and notifications; carrier value added services; navigation & location-based services; and mobile/music lifestyle enhancement. MetaWatch is based in Dallas, Texas and Espoo, Finland. For more information, visit metawatch.com, twitter.com/meta_watch and facebook.com/MetaWatch.
About Design Studio Nuovo, Inc.
Design Studio Nuovo, based in Los Angeles, California, is an incubator for developing new ideas and business-savvy design strategy and solutions. It was created and is led by world-renowned designer, Frank Nuovo. DSN specializes in both luxury and mass market design and research, including for new venture activities in the areas of mobile, audio, consumer electronics, entertainment, and mobile applications and services. For more information, visit dsnuovo.com.
About Frank Nuovo
Frank Nuovo, as Chief of Design, led the Nokia design strategy and organization that catapulted and sustained them as the number one global mobile manufacturer and the world’s fifth most valuable brand. He was also the founding creator, designer and creative director of the mobile luxury communications brand Vertu, a market pioneer, which he continued to lead over its initial sixteen year history. Nuovo‘s DSN associates are a select group of leading experts who worked closely with him during the creation of both of these success stories.
MetaWatch is a trademark of Meta Watch Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1