|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 03:03 AM EST||
Aspenta (MWC booth #OV1), a U.S. mobile network operator, today announces m2mConnectTM and nSIMTM: new global technologies that redefine machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. These major innovations reduce drastically the costs of international M2M connectivity, and offer manufacturers one global SIM, one contract and one support channel.
Rapidly growing M2M applications include everything from vehicles that alert emergency responders after an accident through to smart energy meters providing detailed information to consumers and utilities. Analysys Mason Limited predicts there will be 2.1 billion M2M connections in less than ten years. However, manufacturers often cite one major obstacle to progress: the high cost of international connectivity.
Aspenta CEO Dr. Walid Moneimne is confident that the connectivity landscape is about to change for good: “Our technology significantly reduces roaming charges, so manufacturers can implement M2M connectivity far more easily. They can create new revenue sources by providing new services to customers, and cut costs by making operations more efficient. Savings can be large enough to change entirely what a manufacturer or service provider is able to offer. M2M is now finally a realistic option across the globe.”
From conception to execution, Aspenta manages manufacturers’ entire connectivity needs. One SIM, one contract and one support channel allow development of a simple, easily accessible connectivity platform – anytime, anywhere. Aspenta also offers comprehensive SIM management facilities, enabling customized technical solutions based on specific communication needs and business goals.
Los Angeles based GlobaTrac is one of the first companies to fully exploit the groundbreaking potential of Aspenta’s m2mConnectTM. Its small Trakdot LuggageTM device fits into a checked bag, and reports city location in real time to any mobile, Apple, Android or SMS capable device – with the added benefit of Bluetooth notification when a bag reaches the luggage belt. Trakdot LuggageTM also offers a long battery life and an extremely low annual subscription – both made possible by the new Aspenta technology.
“Aspenta’s technology allows us to offer our consumers products at a reasonable price,” says Harry Steck, CEO of Trakdot. “It has been a key component in developing what is essentially a whole new category of device. We get accurate and reliable data, such as location, and so our users know where their luggage ends up, no matter which country in the world - with notification by SMS, email or web.”
Meet the Aspenta Team
Dr. Walid Moneimne, CEO
Dr. Walid Moneimne joins Aspenta with years of experience in the IT and Telecom industries. His past includes a role as Senior Vice President for Nokia Networks for Europe, and Chairman for Nokia Siemens Networks for the Middle East and Africa. Moneimne also spent time in a variety of positions for Dell, Xerox, HP and others.
Joe Morgan, Managing Partner and CTO
Joe Morgan brings more than 45 years of communications experience to Aspenta. He’s well-versed in the telephony, banking, automotive and wireless technology industries bringing a unique business perspective to Aspenta. Morgan is the Founder of USA Telecommunications Services Inc, which he sold to SMARTALK. His technology is now used in the AT&T wireless prepaid solution.
Bill Naim, Managing Partner
Bill Naim is a self-described serial entrepreneur. His business expertise has allowed him to lead numerous from inception to successful buyout. Naim has a long consulting track record, and offers a vast range of knowledge in manufacturing and marketing.
Based in Atlanta, Aspenta is dedicated to innovating and improving wireless technology for consumers and big businesses. The mobile network operator is committed to offering affordable, simple solutions to complex everyday issues.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1