|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 04:03 AM EST||
Oberthur Technologies, one of the world’s largest providers of security and identification solutions and services based on smart card technologies, has been selected by Advanced Info Service Plc. (AIS), the largest telecom operator in Thailand, to provide their secure, contactless technology MIFARE DESFire™¹ embedded in an NFC SIM card, for public transportation and shopping in Bangkok.
This state-of-the-art NFC SIM card with embedded MIFARE DESFire™ technology, DragonFly, is being launched for the first time in Asia with AIS, and will enable a mobile phone to be used as an e-purse to pay for public transportation and goods in Bangkok. Service users can also directly top-up credit on their SIM card and check both their balance and transaction history using their mobile phones.
Thanks to Oberthur Technologies’ new NFC SIM card range and its embedded MIFARE DESFire™ technology, the end-user benefits from greater convenience and his trust and loyalty towards the mobile operator is reinforced.
This new generation of NFC SIM card, boasts increased speed, security and convenience as well as best-in-class certifications and an integrated anti-virus. The dragonFly also allows rich applications to be embarked on the SIM.
This pilot launch in Asia is a technical demonstration of Oberthur Technologies’ and AIS’ capabilities to provide the latest transport ticketing and e-purse technology within an NFC SIM card to service users.
Mr.Supreecha Limpikanjanakowit, Managing Director at ADVANCED MPAY Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of AIS said “We were really impressed by the reactivity of Oberthur Technologies’ NFC SIM cards. The major decision for us to select Oberthur Technologies was dragonFly’s speed because it is key for transport, in order to offer to our customers a best-in-class experience”.
“Oberthur Technologies is a historical supplier of SingTel Group; this technological first reinforces our relationship. The extended capabilities of the dragonFly new SIM opens doors to a whole new range of mobile contactless services”, said Cédric Collomb, Managing Director of the Telecom Business Unit at Oberthur Technologies.
¹ MIFARE DESFire™: Registered trademark of NXP B.V.
Advanced Info Service Plc (AIS) or “ADVANC” was established in 1989, and is today the largest mobile operator in Thailand with more than 35 million subscribers and 97% nationwide coverage. The company and its subsidiaries operate varied telecommunication related businesses, including a mobile network operator, an international direct dialling service, a data communications service, a call centre service, sales and distribution of handsets and a SIM card, refill cards and payment service
For more information: www.ais.co.th
About Oberthur Technologies
Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies: systems development, solutions and services for smart cards (payment cards, SIM cards, access cards, NFC…) and for secure identity documents, traditional and electronic (identity card, passport, health care card). Created in 1984, Oberthur Technologies employs over 6 000 employees. With 50 sales offices across 5 continents, Oberthur Technologies’ international network serves clients in 140 countries.
For more information: www.oberthur.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1