|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 12:15 PM EST||
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Truphone today gave the first public demonstration of Truphone+, its upcoming phone service that combines GSM services with its internet calling capabilities (VoIP). Truphone+ allows users to make either standard calls over traditional mobile networks or calls over Wi-Fi, with a new intelligent calling system automatically choosing the best option. Truphone+ can deliver coverage and even HD audio to customers who otherwise have no signal, letting them stay connected wherever they are.
"I, like many people, don't have reliable mobile coverage at my home in the countryside – or even in my London office," said Truphone founder and CTO James Tagg. "The Truphone+ service will let me use my phone normally, whether I'm on the cellular phone network or not."
Truphone+ will be an automatic upgrade for all new Truphone SIM customers who download the free Truphone App, which is available on iOS, Android and BlackBerry 10 devices. The Truphone App will include additional features that complement Truphone+, such as call encryption and a call cost indicator that tells you the cost per minute, before you dial.
Truphone+ is also fully compatible with existing Truphone services, such as the ability to have multiple international numbers on a single SIM.
Truphone+ is planned for release in Q2 2013.
Key features of Truphone+ include:
- Combined mobile phone network and Wi-Fi service – Truphone+ lets you make and receive calls over Wi-Fi when standard networks aren't available, with exactly the same experience
- Eliminate bill shock: A call cost indicator displays the precise per-minute cost so the user can decide when and where they want to make a call
- Ease of use – Truphone+ is designed for speed and simplicity - all you have to do is press 'call', the rest is seamless
- One voicemail – It does not matter whether you miss a call on Wi-Fi or the cellular network, all your voicemail is in one place
- Parallel ringing – Truphone+ makes it easier to manage multiple devices by letting you choose which devices ring when you are called
Truphone, the pioneering international mobile communications company, helps people and businesses around the world stay connected. The company's unique SIM-based offering works in more than 200 countries and significantly reduces the cost and complexity of international mobile roaming.
Truphone is also a leader in internet calling (VoIP), having launched the first ever voice over internet application for a mobile phone. The Truphone App has been downloaded by millions of people across the world and gives users secure Wi-Fi calling at a high quality and reduced cost.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1