|By Marketwired .||
|February 27, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- Rocket Fuel Inc., the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that Sue Bostrom, former executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Cisco Systems, will join its board of directors as Chair of the Compensation Committee. Bostrom's addition to Rocket Fuel's board comes at a time of rapid growth for the company.
- During Bostrom's almost 14 years at Cisco, the company's revenue and employee size grew by over five times. During her tenure with its executive staff, Cisco was named one of the top Fortune 100 Companies (#62), one of Interbrand's Best Global Brands (#14), and one of Fortune's 100 Most Admired Companies (#28).
- Bostrom was responsible for developing Cisco's vision and strategy through positioning, branding, advertising, and product marketing. She also had responsibility for the company's Worldwide Government Affairs organization and Small Business Council. Prior to her role as CMO, Bostrom built and led Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group, bringing best practices to global Fortune 500 companies and heads of state.
- She has also held leadership positions at FTP Software and National Semiconductor, and served for seven years at McKinsey & Company as a leader in the electronics practice.
- Bostrom is currently a member of the board at Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Georgetown University. She also serves on the advisory board of the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) and the Stanford Graduate School Business Advisory Council. She holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a BS in marketing from the University of Illinois.
- She also currently serves on the board of directors of public companies Varian Medical Systems and Cadence Design Systems, as well as private companies Marketo and FedBid.
- Bostrom joins an illustrious group of executives and business leaders on the Rocket Fuel board. Current board members include Ronald Codd, former CFO of PeopleSoft; Bill Ericson, partner at Mohr Davidow Ventures; John Gardner, managing partner of Nokia Growth Partners; Clark Kokich, chairman of Razorfish; and Monte Zweben, current CEO of Splice Machine and former CEO of Blue Martini Software.
Rocket Fuel's Stellar Growth:
- Rocket Fuel continues to expand rapidly amid demand for its industry-leading programmatic media-buying technology.
- The company was recently named #4 on the 2013 Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, and chosen from thousands of applicants based on growth (both in sales and hiring), quality of management team and investors, margins, market size and key partnerships.
- Rocket Fuel recently announced record revenue of $107 million in 2012, working with 894 global brands, including Allstate, BMW, and Lufthansa.
- "Speaking for Rocket Fuel's entire board of directors, we all feel very lucky to have found Sue," said George John, Rocket Fuel co-founder, Chairman and CEO. "In a single person we're getting high IQ and drive, high-growth and large-cap company operating experience, marketing expertise, public and private board governance experience, and compensation committee experience. It has only now occurred to me that we never asked her if she plays guitar like the rest of the Rocket Fuel board except myself. If not, she is welcome to join me on vocals when the board band finally gets together, or more likely take the lead on vocals while I handle the cowbell."
- "Rocket Fuel is bringing hard-core science to the art of marketing and advertising," said Sue Bostrom. "With Rocket Fuel, marketers can be confident that their messages reach the optimal audiences -- increasing the return on every digital advertising dollar they spend. I am thrilled to join Rocket Fuel during such a dynamic period where I can share my expertise in scaling businesses for high levels of growth and customer satisfaction."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel delivers the only programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel's powerful Advertising That Learns technology drives best-in-plan results for advertisers, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets. Its distributed computing engine currently screens over 26 billion ad opportunities per day, and selects the best for its customers, via real time bidding (RTB) relationships with major publishers and exchanges. The technique has proven itself across web, mobile, video, and social channels, with 894 brands powered by Rocket Fuel in 2012. Awarded #4 on Forbes' 2013 Most Promising Companies in America list, Rocket Fuel was founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, Salesforce.com, and DoubleClick. Rocket Fuel employs over 300 people in 15 offices worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 25, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,141
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 25, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,207
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 25, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,247
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,873
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 25, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,483
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,261
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,501
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,983
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,956
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,126
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,855
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,697
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,059
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,362
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,037
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,727