|By Marketwired .||
|February 27, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- Rocket Fuel Inc., the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that Sue Bostrom, former executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Cisco Systems, will join its board of directors as Chair of the Compensation Committee. Bostrom's addition to Rocket Fuel's board comes at a time of rapid growth for the company.
- During Bostrom's almost 14 years at Cisco, the company's revenue and employee size grew by over five times. During her tenure with its executive staff, Cisco was named one of the top Fortune 100 Companies (#62), one of Interbrand's Best Global Brands (#14), and one of Fortune's 100 Most Admired Companies (#28).
- Bostrom was responsible for developing Cisco's vision and strategy through positioning, branding, advertising, and product marketing. She also had responsibility for the company's Worldwide Government Affairs organization and Small Business Council. Prior to her role as CMO, Bostrom built and led Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group, bringing best practices to global Fortune 500 companies and heads of state.
- She has also held leadership positions at FTP Software and National Semiconductor, and served for seven years at McKinsey & Company as a leader in the electronics practice.
- Bostrom is currently a member of the board at Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Georgetown University. She also serves on the advisory board of the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) and the Stanford Graduate School Business Advisory Council. She holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a BS in marketing from the University of Illinois.
- She also currently serves on the board of directors of public companies Varian Medical Systems and Cadence Design Systems, as well as private companies Marketo and FedBid.
- Bostrom joins an illustrious group of executives and business leaders on the Rocket Fuel board. Current board members include Ronald Codd, former CFO of PeopleSoft; Bill Ericson, partner at Mohr Davidow Ventures; John Gardner, managing partner of Nokia Growth Partners; Clark Kokich, chairman of Razorfish; and Monte Zweben, current CEO of Splice Machine and former CEO of Blue Martini Software.
Rocket Fuel's Stellar Growth:
- Rocket Fuel continues to expand rapidly amid demand for its industry-leading programmatic media-buying technology.
- The company was recently named #4 on the 2013 Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, and chosen from thousands of applicants based on growth (both in sales and hiring), quality of management team and investors, margins, market size and key partnerships.
- Rocket Fuel recently announced record revenue of $107 million in 2012, working with 894 global brands, including Allstate, BMW, and Lufthansa.
- "Speaking for Rocket Fuel's entire board of directors, we all feel very lucky to have found Sue," said George John, Rocket Fuel co-founder, Chairman and CEO. "In a single person we're getting high IQ and drive, high-growth and large-cap company operating experience, marketing expertise, public and private board governance experience, and compensation committee experience. It has only now occurred to me that we never asked her if she plays guitar like the rest of the Rocket Fuel board except myself. If not, she is welcome to join me on vocals when the board band finally gets together, or more likely take the lead on vocals while I handle the cowbell."
- "Rocket Fuel is bringing hard-core science to the art of marketing and advertising," said Sue Bostrom. "With Rocket Fuel, marketers can be confident that their messages reach the optimal audiences -- increasing the return on every digital advertising dollar they spend. I am thrilled to join Rocket Fuel during such a dynamic period where I can share my expertise in scaling businesses for high levels of growth and customer satisfaction."
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel delivers the only programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel's powerful Advertising That Learns technology drives best-in-plan results for advertisers, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets. Its distributed computing engine currently screens over 26 billion ad opportunities per day, and selects the best for its customers, via real time bidding (RTB) relationships with major publishers and exchanges. The technique has proven itself across web, mobile, video, and social channels, with 894 brands powered by Rocket Fuel in 2012. Awarded #4 on Forbes' 2013 Most Promising Companies in America list, Rocket Fuel was founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, Salesforce.com, and DoubleClick. Rocket Fuel employs over 300 people in 15 offices worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,099
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,322
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 988
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 844
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,189
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 7, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 2,210
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 278
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 933
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,754
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,681
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 394
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,268
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,788
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 946
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,323
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,394
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,137
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,202
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,131
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 668