|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
POWAY, Calif., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Apricorn (www.apricorn.com), a leading manufacturer of secure encrypted USB drives for government, healthcare and business today announced its FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation for the Aegis Secure Key. The encrypted flash drive incorporates secure PIN authentication via an embedded keypad and 256-bit AES hardware encryption, providing 100% hardware based security solution.
Required for all devices procured by the US government that utilize cryptography, the Aegis Secure Key's FIPS 140-2 validation covers 11 areas of its cryptographic security system, including physical security, cryptographic key management and design integrity. The Aegis Secure Key's FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification encompasses all areas including the Aegis Secure Key's physical tamper-resistant features as well as its identity-based authentication.
The Aegis Secure Key FIPS validation covers multiple layers of data protection:
- Military grade AES CBC 256-bit hardware encryption – protects 100% data in real time
- Alphanumeric keypad – Onboard keypad prevents hardware and software key logging
- 7-15 digit PIN code access – Up to 15 digit memorable number or word
- Software Free Design – Cross platform compatible, and no Administrator Rights required
- Tamper resistant – Epoxy resin destroys circuit board components if tampered with
- Tough, water resistant design – Sealed extruded aluminum casing protects from dust and water
- Auto-lock on loss of power or ejection to prevent unauthorized access
- Brute Force Attack Defense Mechanism – Crypto erase after 10 consecutive failed entries
- Encryption keys are randomly generated
- OS/Host independent – Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android and Symbian
- Available in 4, 8, 16 and 32GB capacity (32GB validation pending)
The Aegis Secure Key does not employ software, either for its authentication or encryption, and uses an onboard keypad to unlock the drive before connecting to a USB port. This hardware based authentication ensures that key loggers are unable to capture the password via a keyboard. This is coupled with the Aegis Secure Key's Brute Force Attack Defense Mechanism, a security measure that performs a crypto erase that destroys the encryption key when the PIN is incorrectly entered 10 consecutive times.
"Already deployed by many businesses as part of their data loss prevention (DLP) strategy, the Aegis Secure Key's FIPS validation offers confirmation for corporate America, and also for those in the government and the military, that our design and encryption implementation are secure," said Mike McCandless, VP of Sales and Marketing. "With thousands of unencrypted USB drives going missing every year and security threats from key loggers and malware, it is imperative that companies look to hardware based authentication and encryption to protect their data. The Aegis Secure Key provides that."
Securing FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation means that Apricorn's Aegis Secure Key has passed rigorous testing conforming to CAVP (Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program) and the CMVP (Cryptographic Module Validation Program) by a certified third-party laboratory. The Aegis Secure Key's FIPS 140-2 validation has been listed by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under certification 1876.
Apricorn's Aegis Secure Key is available from online retailers and Apricorn's website at http://www.apricorn.com/securekey
4 GB: $65
8 GB: $95
16 GB: $125
32 GB: $179** (validation pending)
3 year limited
High Resolution Image
Works with virtually any powered USB port, and fully compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac computers and Linux, as well as Symbian and Android powered tablets and smartphones.
Apricorn, a leader in personal storage, has provided secure storage solutions for some of the most prominent names in the industries of finance, healthcare and government. Apricorn's products have become the standard for many mobile security strategies. Apricorn was founded in 1983 and has developed numerous award winning products under the Apricorn brand and has been an OEM supplier to a number of leading computer manufacturers. Apricorn is headquartered in Poway, California, and distributes products throughout North America and Canada. For additional information please visit http://www.apricorn.com.
Further information on FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification can be found at http://www.nist.gov
Aegis Secure Key incorporates DataLock® Technology licensed from ClevX, LLC
One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; accessible capacity will be less and actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1